Are you facing issues in Apple car play? Your Apple carplay not working? In this article, I will be discussing how to get Apple carplay to work. Sometimes it happens you are not able to connect your iPhone to CarPlay. Another issue that comes is that can play suddenly stops working or disconnecting after it is connected.
Suddenly, CarPlay cannot detect your iPhone. CarPlay can freeze sometimes and you can see a black screen. And lastly, you might have a CarPlay sound problem.
Many users are facing problems there saying that their CarPlay won’t connect or CarPlay not working.
Apple Carplay Not Working – Fixing Guide
Here, I will be discussing a few steps to fix this issue.
First, let’s review the CarPlay Requirement:
You’ll need an iPhone or a Car or Stereo to run the CarPlay app and also that’s compatible with CarPlay.
Check if Your Car or Stereo is Compatible with Apple CarPlay or Not?
Mentioned below are the aftermarket stereos that are compatible:
Check if your iPhone is Compatible with Apple CarPlay or Not?
Mentioned below are the models which support CarPlay:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro and newer
Note: Models that are not mentioned in this list are not compatible.
Check if Your Country or Region Supports CarPlay?
This is also one of the reasons CarPlay stopped working. You have to check. CarPlay is not available everywhere. You can check this from Apple’s Website.
Check if Siri is Turned on:
CarPlay not working, check if Siri needs to be enabled:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri and Search. Make sure that the following option is enabled:
- Listen for “Hey Siri”.
- Press the side Button for Siri or Press Home for Siri.
- Allow Siri when locked.
You can try this if your Apple CarPlay is not Working.
Check if CarPlay is allowed while Locked
Many users are facing this issue that CarPlay stopped working. If this happens to you, try this step and see what happens.
On your iPhone, > go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Your Car > and Turn on “allow CarPlay while Locked”.
In addition, make sure there are no restrictions to CarPlay. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Approved Apps on your computer and make sure that you have CarPlay enabled.
Users are asking why my Apple CarPlay isn’t working? Or Why is my CarPlay not working, it happens sometimes. You can try this step and see what happens.
Check if your iPhone and Car Infotainment System Are Turned On
It’s clear, indeed. But anyway, check.
In addition, make sure that if your car has an option to “activate,” make sure that that option is chosen.
What If you are Unable to Connect CarPlay?
If you have trouble connecting and using CarPlay, your iPhone is connected to your car. There are two ways, depending on your vehicle, to connect your iPhone to your car:
- Using a USB cable, simply plug in your phone. If you are experiencing problems:
- Particularly if you see the “This accessory is not supported by this device” message, make sure that your USB cable is Apple certified
- Try a different USB port to connect, if necessary
- Try a different USB cable, if possible
- Make sure your USB cable is properly paired
- Make sure that the USB port and your charging port are clean and that there is no harm
Update Everything on iPhone
Always make sure to update your iPhone to the Latest Version of iOS.
- Check if your iPhone is connected to the Internet.
- Then go to settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- And follow the onscreen instructions.
Please check the manufacturer’s website if you are using an aftermarket computer to see if a software update is available and, if any, to find out how you can update it.
Restart Everything on iPhone
Restart your iPhone, the infotainment device in your vehicle, and your car. Here’s how to reboot your iPhone:
- iPhone X, 11 or later: Press and hold buttons together for power (side or top) and volume up (or down) until you see the slider power-off. In order to turn it off, drag the slider. Then when your computer begins, press and hold the power button
- Other iPhone models: Press and hold until the power off slider appears on the side or top button. Slide with the slider. The side or top button is then pushed and held until the Apple logo appears
Also, you can restart the infotainment device of your vehicle. For various cars and models, this is distinct. You can need to push and hold down the power knob of the audio device for at least 10 seconds, for instance. Again, for your vehicle, it will be different. Simply check the manual on your vehicle.
Forget and Set-Up
If you still have a problem, try to reinstall it. Here’s the way:
- On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > CarPlay > Your Car > Forget this Car.
Now, you will need to set up again, let’s see how:
- Simply plug your iPhone into your car’s USB port.
- Or, if your car supports CarPlay wireless, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap Cars Available, then pick your vehicle.
If you still have this problem, this might indicate that there is a problem with the stereo system of your car.
The above mentioned are the steps you can try if Apple CarPlay is not working. Let me know in the comment section if you face any problem.