One of the most prestigious smartphones you will own these days is the iPhone. It is a statement of style. It’s just too annoying to see troublesome errors on your iPhone or lose your AirPods, so you don’t want either of them to live longer and solve them as soon as possible. It has been stated that the error ‘Cannot Verify Server Identity‘ continues to occur over time for Apple iPhone users.
You sat down to write an email to your friend or just read and go through your inbox, and suddenly this mistake happened that slowed your development, although this error ‘Cannot Verify Server Identity’ is a huge nuisance. The error does not allow you to proceed further with any function in that particular function until it is solved.
It is very normal and quick to fix the reasons why you might experience such an error so that you do not worry. Also, no, this isn’t a virus until you get all nervous, and you definitely don’t need to get out of your way and do something really high-tech. It’s not rocket science; you just have to follow the steps.
Recently, We also discuss Verification Failed Error Connecting to Apple ID Server, which you can also read and fix easily.
Fix ‘Cannot Verify Server Identity’ on iPhone
I will discuss how you can troubleshoot if you see a “Cannot Verify Server Identity” error message on your iPhone
What Causes Cannot Verify Server Identity On iPhone?
Your iPhone will try to fetch the server’s SSL certificate to connect, to connect to a mail server securely, and then check if it is reliable. The “cannot verify server Identity” sign pops, if the certificate does not match the domain name or is outdated. If there is some issue you will be notified that there is something wrong with the function you want to perform.
When the new mail has to be set up or when the certificates required are unchanged or unmatched then this error usually occurs. Sometimes the error is attributed to invalid email addresses.
This error usually comes when there is a bug that affects your device. An error will alert you by saying that the mail server’s certificate is fake.
IMAP and POP are two methods to access email from any device. It appears that this problem affects both IMAP and POP users.
7 Ways to Fix iPhone Cannot Verify Server Identity Error
The following are some troubleshooting approaches to help you overcome the iPhone server identity mistake that cannot be checked and get on with your email job. Make sure you follow the steps word by word and don’t leave out any portion of it. Let’s walk one by one through the methods!
Restart Your iPhone
It’s a really easy trick, but restarting your iPhone will do the trick for you somehow, as it did for so many more. No one knows how and what the explanation is, but it just works, so if you face any mistakes, this is the first thing you should do
- Step 1: Keep your power button and use one of the volume keys (for a few iPhone models, it’s different).
- Step 2: Wait for a few seconds before a slider reveals the power-off slide. From left to right, slide in.
- Step 3: To turn it on again, press and hold the power button until the phone is off.
- Step 4: Search to see if the problem still exists.
Remove and Add Back your Email Account
The email is the reason why you are facing a problem like that. There is no business accounting for the intention of being there. It could help to delete and add your email ID, as it will reset and reconfigure your email, which could solve your problem.
- Step 1: From the home screen click on the settings.
- Step 2: Go to “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Accounts section, then pick the account that you want to remove or erase.
- Step 4: you will see the Delete account button on the bottom of the screen, click on it.
- Step 5: your account will be deleted once you click on delete from my iPhone for the confirmation.
- Step 6: Go back to “settings” followed by the “Account and Password” menu.
- Step 7: To add an account you have to tap into the option.
- Step 8: Click and select the email service provider you use.
- Step 9: Now add and set up your emails.
- Step 10: Check if they cannot verify server identity error has vanished.
Reset All iPhone Settings
Typically, resetting all settings is a simple way to solve your problems related to many things. It is difficult to track down or find an origin for the issues that seem very absurd when they crop up because they are typically a software problem. That is when this easy trick comes in handy as you can just reset all our settings pretty quickly and that has worked in the past for a lot of iOS users.
- Step 1: on the Home Screen Go to “Settings”.
- Step 2: In the setting, the app goes to “General”.
- Step 3: Click on the “Reset” at the bottom of your screen.
- Step 4: After the 3rd step click on “Reset All Settings” and then enter iPhone’s password to confirm and continue.
- Step 5: check if they cannot verify server identity error continues to appear, try doing it again.
Disable the “Use SSL” Option
It is a lucrative way to disable the “Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)” where you do not need to uninstall the email or alter or reset your settings and get your problem solved with fairly simple measures.
- Step 1: On your home screen, Click on “Settings”
- Step 2: Search and click on “Mail” to explore it
- Step 3: Go to “Accounts” in the mail and follow it by clicking on the email that causes a server identity error that cannot be verified
- Step 4: Enlarge the configuration by clicking on the “Account” inside again.
- Step 5: Inside, click on “Advanced” and execute it by shutting off the “Use SSL” switch that is present in the “Incoming Settings.”
- Step 6: If the problem still persists, retry doing your task on a similar Email ID again.
Update to Latest iOS Version
With app updates and software updates, Apple is often remembered for being specific. The company ensures that the current version of the software update is always enabled on the machines, as certain features will be disabled before the system is updated. Here’s how the update installs you
- Step 1: On the home screen, click on “settings”
- Step 2: Then click on “General”
- Step 3: click on software Update it will start automatic system update search
- Step 4: if you see a newer version of iOS, tap on “Download and Install”
- Step 5: now, follow the onscreen instruction and you are good to go
Check Service Provider
This issue arises due to the problem in your service such as Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud etc. The issue is not with the phone or any certificates.
This can happen due to some server or anything else but make sure that if there is a server outage could get rid of the disturbing error
iPhone Internet Connection
Such small problems seem to happen very much in an everyday, fast-paced life. You may have clicked on Bluetooth and ended up turning off the Wi-Fi or shutting off your cellular data. This can also cause server identity errors that cannot be checked and create problems for you.
Only switch your control center down and turn on Wi-Fi and Cellular Data. It’s time for me to have such a little thing holding you back from making things happen.
This problem is not caused by a virus or due to any physical damage to your system, as we discussed earlier. These problems are internal and typically end up occurring because they are prevented by the program or settings. There is no need for you to think about it, and in the course of clarifying it, none of your data will be lost.
Above mentioned steps are if you “Cannot Verify Server identity”. All these steps are easy to follow. Let me know in the comment section if you face any problems and you can check Apple Forum as well here.