You never think about where your Wi-Fi password set it up. When you forget the password, how can you recover the password from your Mac? Here, you need an administrator account password or you can follow our step-by-step guide on “How to Find WiFi Password on Mac” and you can try practical and tested methods to recover wifi password from MacBook and recently we cover Macbook Pro Battery Not Charging guide where you can fix charging related issue on Macbook.
How to Find WiFi Password on Mac
If you always forget your password or network, another option will help to get over this problem. You can use a trustworthy third-party application. You forgot every time, so you should use the manager. The password manager such as LastPass, that will keep your Wi-Fi password saved.
Use Key Chain Access App – Method 1
- You have to open the Keychain Access app. This is located in the Application > Utility folder.
- You can select the System keychain in the left menu bar. Then you have to select a password from the menu category. It will filter the password which you have saved before.
- Double click on your network name to see the password.
- It will open a new window for the specific password. Now you have to click “show password’ in the checkbox.
- Now it will be asked for authenticating with a username and password. T6 his account should have administrator privileges on your Mac.
When you are not sure what your username is, open up the finder app. Then you should look for the home icon in the sidebar. Your home folder will be on your same username.
- After the successful authentication, the Wi-Fi network password will be revealed in the previous window.
Use Terminal to Find Mac Wi-Fi Password – Method 2
Mac contains a built-in application. It allows the user to control the device with the use of the command prompt. This method is suitable for those who know the exact name of the Wi-Fi and network. When they want to retrieve the password. It will work for those who prefer direct resolution. Use this terminal with the following steps.
- You have to use spotlight search to launch the terminal.
- Now you have to type the command. security find-generic-password-ga WIFI NAME | grep “Enter Your Password”. You should ensure that the WIFI Name section is replaced with the network in question.
- When your command has correctly been entered, the system will automatically ask to provide the username and password. When you are uncertain about your Apple username, navigate to the left corner of your screen then click on the Apple icon.
- When you get the authentication is successful. Then your password will be displayed below the previously entered command. As a result, your long walk to the router will be over.
The function of the app like the keychain. It has most of the other features also that may interest you. Some of the apps include 1password and secrets, among others. You need only a single password master. The app will store the passwords for you.
You will not need to endure the dusty corners to access your router. You can use any of these methods to retrieve your password. You can use outsourcing for your forgotten WIFI password through third-party software.
I hope you will understand the method for how to find the Wi-Fi password on Mac? Now, you can check or remember your Wi-Fi password by the user these are method. If you are facing any other problem, you can write in the comment section below. Get in touch with us for any query. We will find the solution to every problem and reply to your comment section. I hope you get the solution to your problem.