On some occasions, iPhone sends the message, and there shows the Email Id instead of the iMessage phone number. This message shows the Apple ID in which the e-mail address is registered. It may be due to the use of the email id you used in the iCloud account.
iMessage sending from the email can be fixed and then there will show your phone number instead of vice versa.
iPhone Sending iMessage From Email ID Instead Of Phone Number
Here, I will tell you- how to fix this issue where the text is sent from the email.
- Open the phone setting.
- Click on the message.
When you will sign out from the Apple account, you will have to go on the “Receive at” section. There will be the option to use your Apple ID for the outgoing message.
- Go down and look for the “Receive at”.
- Just sign out from the Apple account.
- Turn off iMessage.
- Wait for some time and turn it on.
- Now go to iMessage from your phone’s settings.
- Now tap on the ‘Send and Receive’.
Also Read: iMessage Typing Bubble GIF
Here, you will be able to see your phone number and some of your e-mail addresses below your mobile number. If there is another number with the chack mark then simply tap on the number.
When you follow the above step, the email id will be free from the email address which was existing.
- Get to your iPhone Settings. Select the ‘Receive at’ which you will get into the message.
Now you will have to select the caller ID and your Phone number.
- Now, turn off iMessage for a few moments.
- Now you will have to go into your Mac.
- Select the Messages, where go to the preferences.
- Click on the Accounts where you have to select the iMessage.
- Now untick all the boxes of e-mail.
- Leave your phone number as it is.
- Now you will have to go into your iPhone settings and enter in the iMessage section.
- Here, click on the send and receive and tap on the option which says – New Conversation From.
- Click on the phone number instead of e-mail.
- Now, open your Apple account where register your phone number in the list. You had to make sure that your phone number has been verified already.
- In your Mac, login into the Message application.
- Now you can send the message from your number instead of email.
iMessage showing email address instead of the phone number can be very frustrating but you can get out of this problem by following the above steps. iMessage coming from the email can be resolved in other ways too and if you have ideas about them then please share them in the comment box. Share this article with your friends and relatives so that they can resolve the problem of iPhone sending messages from email.