Did you try to print black and white on Mac? Then you may have found out that it is not as easy as it should be. If you want to prints black and white then there is needed to make some changes before printing. Because most printers are defaulted to use cartridges to print.
How To Prints Black And White On Mac?
It doesn’t matter, you want to print any color document or black and white. How to set printer to black and white? Don’t worry, we know how to change the settings and use black and white colors for printing a document that doesn’t need any other color.
You can find the options to change the settings in the default printing dialogue box on your Mac.
How to Use Default Box To Print Black and White on Mac?
When you try to print something, you will get a dialogue box that indeed contains options to print documents in black and white but it is hidden and you will need to find it. After finding it you can print that particular document in black and white.
Well, if you have a large collection of documents to print in black and white then this method will consume a lot of your precious time. So, is there any method which can save your time and of course your colors? Yes, there is.
How to Print Black and White Documents on Mac?
- First of all, open the document which you are wanting to print.
- Go to the File menu and click on Print.
- After opening the print dialogue box, you will find many options that you may configure according to your need.
- In the dialogue box, you will find the tick box for black and white.
- Now, trick-mark the box.
- Now, click on Print, your document will start printing.
If you are not finding the option, it can be founded in the submenus:
- Tap on the main drop-down menu inside the submenus.
- Go on the Quality & Media
- You will get an open pane below the dropdown menu.
- Now, you can see the tick-box with Grayscale Printing.
- Tick mark the box and you will enable the black and white printing.
- Now, click on the Print button, your document will be printed in black and white.
Some apps offer the black and white printer for Mac option in the main printing dialog box. For instance, Adobe Acrobat Reader offers you an option for Print in Grayscale. You can simply tick-mark the option and your job will be done perfectly.
If you are looking for the options then you should search for something like- black and white or grayscale and other similar words. You may print black and white artwork with a touch of color in the same.
You Can Create and Use a Preset to Work
The term preset is a configuration that will automatically apply to all the settings of the document which you are printing. Here, we will create a preset that will prints your documents in black and white when selected on your Mac.
Below are the steps which will be followed to know how to print on Mac:
- Open your document and click Command + P, it will open the print box.
- When the dialog box is opened you have to click on the dropdown menu where you have to select Quality and Media. This setting will let you choose a print type.
- Now, you have to activate the option which is saying Grayscale Printing. This will let you print your document in black and white.
- When you look at the top of the dialog box you will get a dropdown menu that has a label
- Tap on the menu and choose Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Here, you will find that it is asking for the name of the preset.
- Now, you enter some value which you can remember, here, you will get an option which says- Preset Available For:
- You can select here All Printers.
- Click on It will save the preset.
Now, next time when you want to print something in black and white, just open the print dialog box, select your preset from the Preset menu and click on the Print button. It will apply your printing setting to your print process.
What are the Steps to Fix Black and White Printing Issues on Mac?
Sometimes your printer refuses to print your document in black and white and in that case you should follow the steps below to fix this up.
- You can remove the printer from your system.
- Tap on the logo of Apple at the top and click on System Preferences.
- You get the screen where you have to click on the Printers and Scanners.
- Now, you have a list on the left side, select your printer from the list.
- Click on the – (minus) sign at the bottom.
- You will get a prompt that will be saying- Are you sure you want to delete the printer.
- Now click on the Delete Printer.
- You can again add the printer.
How to Reset the Printing System on Mac?
You have removed and re-install your printer on your Mac but the problem is still there. Then? You should try resetting your entire printing system. follow the below steps to reset.
- Go into the System Preference.
- Now, select Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click on any printer and select the option which says Reset Printing System.
- Now, a prompt will appear saying- Are you sure you want to reset the printing system?
- Click on the Reset.
- Now re-add the printer again.
If you were searching how to print on MacBook in black and white then you have the steps mentioned above. If you are still searching how to print from iMac even after following these steps then you should contact Apple Care.
Comment down your experience and solutions. If you find this article useful, please share it with your relatives and friends.