The iPod was released in 2001, this is almost two decades ago. Till now, 100 million iPods have been sold.
Many MP3 players released way before the iPad showed up. It debuts on the market which made the MP3 Players a must-have device. If you are from the privileged people to have owned an iPod since Apple unveiled it. If you have some of your favorite music collection stored there and you are not using it still.
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer?
Your old music is not readily available in any other form and do you want to transfer the music. You can easily transfer the music from your iPod to a Windows PC and Mac. You have to follow the simple steps. You have to connect your iPod to a PC or Mac.
How Can We Transfer Music from iPod to Windows PC?
Firstly, you should prevent iTunes from automatically syncing with your iPod. This is doesn’t overwrite the music on the device with the iTunes library collection.
- To do this, you can disconnect any iOS device from your PC launch iTunes. You have to go to Edit>Preferences.
- Click on the Devices tab and click the Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads through the syncing automatically box to select it.
- Now, click on the Ok and exit from iTunes.
- After that connect your iPod to your PC. It will appear as a drive-in File Explorer. You have to open its drive and go to iPod _control>Music folder.
- If your drive comes up empty so, you can reveal the hidden folder and files in your computer.
- Now, in the iPod _control > Music folder, select all folders in it, and copy-paste it in your hard drive. Your music folder will have moved from your iPod to your computer
Note: – Your music files to iPod have four-letter names and you can see each of the tags in the File Explorer. When you import the music to the media player of your choice. It will reinstate the song title as it should appear.
- When the file has been copied to your computer’s hard drive then you have to go File Explorer and right-click on the iPod drive.
- Now, you have to select Eject to remove your iPod and disconnect it from the computer.
- You can add a song to your iTunes library on your PC by going to File>Add Folder to Library.
- If you want to copy your music directly to the iTunes media folder so, you should enable this setting through the opening iTunes then click on the Edit>Preferences.
- In the Advanced Tab, you can check the Copy file to the iTunes Media folder whenever adding to the library box.
This is allowing you to move the original files without worrying about losing them. When you added any file to the library before enabling the checkbox. This will still link to the original files.
How can we Transfer Music from iPod to Mac?
When you are transfer music from your iPod to a Mac so, you need to disable syncing. Then the media player won’t try to sync with your iPod and overwrite the data on it. It happens because your music library on the Mac computer may not have all the songs. There are other files the iPod contains. You will eventually have an iPod with the same missing music or files.
For the disabled syncing, you should make sure there is no iOS device connected to your Mac and open iTunes from the Applications menu.
- In iTunes, you have to select Preferences > Devices and after that check, the Prevent iPods and iPhones from syncing automatically box and you have to click OK.
- Now, exit from iTunes and hold down the option + Command keys. You should plug your iPod into the Mac and release the keys. When your iTunes launches with a dialogue box. This is informing you are in safe mode.
- Then you can close it and quit iTunes. Your iPod is now mounted on your Mac without syncing it with iTunes.
- After that, you should unmount your iPod to make the files visible. When you are trying to open the iPod icon on the desktop it. You don’t want to see the music files so, you will see calendars, contacts, and Notes folders.
- This folder with your iPod music files is hidden. You can make them visible through the using OS X terminal command-line interface.
- To do this, Go to the Applications/Utilities and open the terminal.
- Now, you have typed the command below and press the return key after entering each line.
defaults write com.apple.finder ApplicationAllFiles True (you will see this)
In the first line is a command to display all the files. The Second line (command) refreshes Finder for the changes to be effected. When your desktop may disappear and reappear during the execution of these two commands, so don’t worry about what happens; it’s normal.
Through entering these two lines, the Finder on your Mac will display all the hidden files on the computer.
You can find or locate your music file through the iPod finder by clicking the iPod’s name. Or You can also do the double-clicking on the iPod icon mounted on your desktop.
You can locate your music files from your iPod through Finder by clicking the iPod’s name or by double-clicking the iPod icon mounted on your desktop.
- You have to Open the iPod Control folder and then open the music folder that contains your music. The other media files on the iPod. For example Windows, the names of the files may not be recognizable. There can be internal ID3 tags are intact, so any program including iTunes that can read such tags and reinstate the song titles for you.
- For the Copy music to your Mac using Finder. You can use drag-and-drop them to your preferred location or a new folder on the desktop.
- After that, you should unmount your iPod from the desktop. after that add the music files to your iTunes library. To do this, click on the iTunes window once, and click Cancel on the iTunes dialogue box.
- You have to click the Eject button in the iTunes sidebar next to your iPod’s name to unmount your iPod. Then it will be disconnecting the iPod from your Mac.
- For the transfer your music to the iTunes library on your Mac computer. To do this, select Preferences from the iTunes menu and then click the Advanced tab.
- Now, you can check the boxes which are keeping iTunes Music Folder organized and copy files to your iTunes Music folder when adding to the library and click Ok.
- You can see the iTunes File menu, you have to click Add to Library and then Go to the folder iPod music file you can copy from the device.
- Now, you should click open the file. It will be now copied to the iTunes library, plus read the ID3 tags. It will be reinstating the song title and many details like albums, artists, genre, and more.
- When you are done all these so, you will make all the hidden files and folders invisible through this method. The terminal command below and pressing the return key after entering each line.
You will see this “Defaults write com. apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
Note: – Apple’s Fairplay DRM system is intact so, authorize any music you brought from the iTunes store before playing it.
For the Transfer iPod Music to Your Computer through the using iPod Transfer Software
There are several software programs that you can use to transfer. Your iPod music to a computer, but it will be figuring out to which one to use can be a daunting task. You need to find the one, that combines the features, and good transfer speed at a reasonable price.
There are some of the best iPod transfer software programs also available. You can try these are software for this purpose include CopyTrans, iRip, or TouchCopy. The CopyTrans offers an all-round experience when transferring your songs and other content in your iPod to your computer. It is relatively fast when your files are moving and it will copies metadata.
The iRip can also help you move your music files from the iPod to the computer. You can move iBooks files, videos, podcasts, and many more. It is also fast and can handle metadata.
The TouchCopy is a feature-packed that can help you transfer. Through using this your music and other media files and data transfer speeds aren’t that good.
How do I transfer from an iPod to an iPhone? [Manually]
- For this, We have to transfer and save the files to a MAC or PC. We have learned it already.
- Open iTunes in your PC or Mac. Use updated version of iTunes and if not, update it first. When you’re ready, open iTunes.
- Now using USB cable, connect your iPhone or iOS device with Mac or PC and your computer and your iTunes window shows that the device has been recognize after it is plugged in.
- Now click on the ‘Device’ button which you can find at the top of iTunes, located just below the ‘Controls’ menu option.
- A Dialog box will be open. In the Summary option from left menu, you’ll find an option dialog box. Choose an option of ‘Manually manage music and videos from the list by ticking this box. That enable to control your music or files manually.
Now ,the automatic syncing function is disabled that iTunes runs by default.
- Open your file explorer program and navigate to your iPhone’s music folder.
- Open a another window and navigate your music files in Mac or PC and then simply drag and drop or copy and paste them into your iPhone’s music folder.
More Apple Guides:
- How to Find WiFi Password on Mac
- How to Share Screen Facetime
- Apple Carplay Not Working
- Account Not in this Store Apple Error on iPhone
I hope you will understand how to transfer music from iPod to the computer. If you have any questions regarding the File transfer so, you can write in the comment section. This Article will provide proper guidance regarding the transferring song from iPod to computer.