In this article, I will be explaining how you can fix the error “Unable to Activate”. An update is required to activate your iPhone.
Users also said that after they reset or upgrade their computer, they run into this error with a ‘No Signal’ in the status bar, a shutdown button, and an exclamation mark.
Unable to Activate, An Update Is Required To Activate Your iPhone
In addition, the error message says “learn more at apple.com/support.” Which is the URL of the main support page of apple. This page does not explicitly provide any real support for this issue.
I will recommend you to try each step until you resolve your issue:
- The very first step is to remove the sim card and put it back again. All you have to do is simply locate our sim tray and insert a paperclip to pop it open. How you can do this, Apple explains this. Then you need to replace your sim card. If it is not working, then try to remove the SIM and turn off your device and now put the SIM in and then turn it on.
- Please follow the steps
- Restart your computer
- Open up iTunes (make sure that you are running the latest version of the iTunes software. If not, update to the latest version of iTunes). Go to the Apple menu > Device Settings, if your computer is a Mac, and then press Software Update. You can download it and upgrade it if your computer is a Windows PC.
- Using the USB cable connect your iPhone to your computer
- By clicking the iPhone icon, select your iPhone
- Click summary
- Click update
- By going to Apple menu > system Preferences > Software update, update your Mac.
- Please follow the below steps
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Open iTunes on your Mac
- Force restart your iPhone, while your device is connected. Here you can see that:
- If your computer is an iPhone 8 or later: Press and releases the up and down volume button, then press and hold the (on/off) side button until the recovery screen is visible below. Until you see the recovery mode pad, do not release the buttons
- If your computer is an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and holds down the side and volume buttons until the recovery screen is available. Until you see the recovery mode pad, do not release the buttons
- If your smartphone is an iPhone 6 or earlier: Press and hold the side and home buttons together until you see the below recovery screen. Until you see the recovery mode pad, do not release the buttons
- You will see two different options: Update and Restore
- Now, you have to choose to update and follow the screen instructions.
- Apple has said that a small number of iPhone 7 models will experience this problem because of a hardware issue if your device is an iPhone 7. In more info, Apple discusses the issue here. This problem can occur with model numbers A1660, A1780, and A1779 (please note that you may find the model number on the back of your device).
If you still think that your device is affected, then you have to contact Apple or book a reservation at genius bar. After following the above steps if nothing happens then you can live chat with apple support or Genius Bar reservation.
Well, this was all about “An Update is required to activate your iPhone” let me in the comment section if you face any further issues.